Easy Chicken Sausage Veggie Skillet WW Friendly (6 Blue Points)
Updated: Mar 7, 2021
Let's chat about a quick dinner meal that is healthy too! To make this husband and child friendly I used 1/2 cauliflower rice and 1/2 brown rice - both right from Trader Joe's frozen section! I added chickpeas, asparagus, and sweet peppers! What I love about this recipe it is customizable! You can swap out veggies, you can even use all cauliflower rice or all brown rice! The world is your oyster!
What will you need?
6 stalks of asparagus - sliced
4 small sweet peppers (I always vote red, orange or yellow)
2 garlic cloves - minced
1 14.5 can of Chicken Broth
1 can of chickpeas rinsed
1 small package of frozen cauliflower rice
1 package of Trader Joe's Frozen Rice (1 cup is 6 Points WW Blue)
1 small onion diced
1 tablespoon on Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
3 tablespoons of Avocado Oil
5 Chicken Sausage Links (I used Broccoli Rabe Chicken Sausage from my local butcher - WW Blue 3 Points a Link. can swap for Italian sausage or any sausage of your choice)
1) Slice and dice all the vegetables.
2) Add oil and all the vegetables to your skillet minus the garlic on medium heat. Cover and cook for ten minutes. Stir every few minutes.
3) Slice the chicken sausage. (as shown above)
4) Add chicken sausage skillet and brown. (about 3 to 4 minutes)
5) Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
6) Add 3/4 can of chicken broth, can of chickpeas red pepper seasoning, and garlic powder.
7) Cover and cook for 4 minutes while the broth boils.
8) Add frozen cauliflower and frozen brown rice to microwave, cook for 3 minutes.
9) Let rest for a minute and add to skillet.
10) Add cauliflower rice and brown rice to the skillet.
11) Stir, cook for one minute.
Serving is 6 Points WW BLUE
1 Chicken Link - 3 Points
1/3 Cup of Rice - 3 Points