Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice (WW Friendly)
Updated: Mar 7, 2021
Need a 10-minute side that is healthy and weight watchers friendly?? This side dish is husband and toddler-approved!
WW Blue Plan - 2 Points
What will you need?
1 bag of Frozen Cauliflower Rice
2 tablespoons of Liquid Aminos (or Soy Sauce) 2 Points
1/4 cup of Frozen Peas
6 baby peeled Carrots
3 garlic cloves - freshly minced
2 stems of Chives (or dried seasoning)
Spray Oil (this will ensure you are using less oil)
1 Egg (crack and scramble)
1. Start by microwaving the cauliflower rice for 4 minutes (or per instructions) While the rice is microwaving start cutting your carrots, chives, and mincing your garlic. Once it is cooked, let the bag sit for one minute before you open it.
2. While the rice is cooking, put a frying pan on medium heat for two minutes.
The key to keeping the cauliflower from getting mushy is to crisp it up. This is why this step is key.
3. Now spray the frying pan with avocado oil (or any olive oil) and put the cauliflower rice in the pan, you should hear it sizzle.
4. Let the rice cook for 1 minute before adding peas and carrots. Continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Continue to stir.
5. Crack and scramble your egg into a bowl, add salt and pepper.
6. Move the contents of your rice to make a circle in the middle of the pan, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, this will prevent you from burning the garlic. Then mix the garlic in your mixture.
7. Move the contents of your rice again to make a circle in the middle of your pan and add egg, this is where you will scramble the egg. Once the egg is scrambled, stir the egg in the mixture.
8. Now add liquid aminos(or soy sauce), salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for one minute, and enjoy!