Updated: Mar 7, 2021
Sundays are filled with the sweet scents of Italian cooking! Quality Meat and fresh herbs bring your meatball to another level. Family Sunday Night dinners are my favorite.
What do you need?
3 lbs Meatball Mix (Veal, Pork, Beef)
2 pieces of Italian white sandwich bread - crumbled
2-4 stems of parsley
2 stems of basil
1 cup of parmesan cheese
1/3 cup of milk
1 minced garlic clove
2 tablespoons of Salt + Pepper
2 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Note: Do not use a spoon to mix all together this will make your meatballs tough, use your hands. Mix and make the meatballs. I prefer smaller meatballs to larger meatballs, I think they taste better when they are smaller.
You can cook the meatballs FOUR different ways.
1) Bake - 400 for 18- 25 minutes (again every oven is different, and if you make your meatballs thicker this may take a little longer)
2. Fry them! Throw a cast iron on med hot, for about 5 to 6 minutes with avocado oil then place meatballs in and fry for a 5-6 minutes on each side. Stir frequently.
3. Cook the meatballs in the sauce - Throw them right in!! Cook for 1 to 4 hours on low. (Minimum 1 hour)
4. Partial Bake and finish up in the sauce! Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then finish the meatballs in sauce for a minimum of one hour on low.
* I prefer to crisp them up by either partial baking or frying them and finishing them off in the sauce, it flavors your sauce too!
These also freeze amazing, I either freeze in the sauce, or I bake or fry them then freeze them for future dinners!