Orzo Feta Salad
Updated: Mar 22
Whether you are meal prepping for lunches throughout the week or having family over for a BBQ this salad has it all; quick, easy, packed with flavor and vegetables. My son even gave it his double thumbs up approval! This is also a great lunch idea for kids and adults alike!
In this recipe, I share my own red wine vinegarette, but if you wanted to make this recipe simpler, you could use store-bought vinaigrette.
Ingredient List & Recipe
What do you need?
16 oz bag of Orzo
2 English cucumber
1 orange pepper
1 large red onion
4 small sweet peppers (you could swap for another large pepper)
1 15.2 oz can of chickpeas
1 cup of feta
Red Vinegar Vinaigrette Dressing
1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
2/3 cup of olive oil
2 freshly squeezed lemons (juice)
3 tablespoons of honey
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
2 teaspoons of basil seasoning
1) Start by boiling and cooking the Orzo as the instructions stated on the package.
2) Time to dice up all those vegetables. I used my trusty dicer to make this quick!
*I love this easy dicer, it is one of the most used items in my kitchen, this is an amazon affiliate link and I may earn a commission if you purchase, at no cost to you.
3) Once all your vegetables are diced, it's time to make the vinaigrette dressing, if you are using the store-bought dressing move on to the next step. Add all ingredients from above into a separate bowl and stir.
4) Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add to the salad. Add the pasta when it is ready and stir.
5) Add Red Vinegar Vinaigrette (or 1 cup of store-bought) to the salad.
6) Add Feta then Stir & Enjoy
Tip: A few additional add-ins: marinated red peppers, diced tomatoes, artichokes, grilled chicken. You can dress up this salad or dress it down, customize how you want and your guests or family will eat it!
Don't forget to tag #Recipes4mom
*Blue Fiesta Bowl showed - This is an affiliate link, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you.